I was in VF-41 Black Aces for 4 years 1992-1996, during this time, I was a Plane Captain, and AD (Power Plants) and an AT (Radar Tech) so here's my couple comments...
1. Right at the beginning, a Plane Director holds 2 fingers two his Palm, next shot, the F-14 goes Full Afterburner (The signal actually means connect electical power)
2. in multiple shots, when they lose an engine, they are actually shutting off the Afterburner to that engine.
3. that funny swirl you see out the back of the F-14 in some shots, is actually them dumping fule out the vent mast for the effect.
4. Last battle, take off in aircraft 114, land in 104.
5. when they first meet the mig, and Goose is going to take a picture inverted. The spindles are in the ejection seats, The AME's use these to remove the seats and make them safe, if the F-14 went upside down, the ejection seats would fall out with the spindles in.
6. when goose hits the canopy and dies. This cannot happen, the canopy is designed to be jettesoned to the rear no matter how many G's are on the aircraft (even upside down). and pilot ejects slightly to the left, and Rio slightly to the right.(not to mention, Maverick has an ejection handle between his legs as well, just in case he gets pinned foreward.
7. In a couple shots, you see a Rio grabbing 2 handles in the back to hold on during manuvers, There is only 1 handle in the center in the rear of an F-14 (Unsure of what Aircraft has 2 back there that they got the shot from)
If I think of more, I'll throw them up, I still love the movie, always gets me thinking of my days running around on a carrier. (What a rush!)