(1) In the episode where the girls have a talent show and Rose claims Bob Hope is her father, she says that the Nylunds were her adoptive family. When in all of the other episodes, the name of the family who raised her was: Lindstrom. Nylund was her late husband's last name.
(2) Also, in that episode, Rose claims to have been in an orphanage until she was about 8 years old. In a later episode, when she meets her natural father, she tells her father that she was adopted when she was a baby.
(3) Dorothy always claims to be married to Stan for 38 years. When the show begins they have been divorced for two years. Dorothy and Sophia also both say on a regular basis that Dorothy got knocked up and had to marry Stan. That would make at least one of her kids about 40 years old. Both of her children are shown several times and not once do they look past 30 years old.
(4) When Dorothy's son, Michael, announces he is getting married, Dorothy repeatedly says he is only 23 years old. In a later episode, which was not that much later, Dorothy constantly says during an episode that he is 30 years old.
(5) In a lot of Sophia's stories the dates don't match up with her age. One date she likes to use is 1912. When the show premiered she claimed she was about 80 years old. It was 1985. That's a 73 year difference. Sophia would have been about 7 years old and in most of her stories she is having sex.
(6) Sophia's appearance changes a great deal in the first season. However in a flashback episode, it shows Sophia visiting from Shady Pines before she moved in with them. She does not look the way she did in the early episodes. She looks like she did in the later episodes.
(7) The names of Blanche and Rose's children don't match. Rose doesn't mention Bridgett when she is listing the name of her children. Blanche mentions children that you've never heard of and leaves off a couple.
(8) Blanche claims in one episode that her husband was sick for a long time before he died. In another episode she claims he died in a car accident.
(9) The lania was always to the right of the door but in the first episode that's where they claim Blanche's bedroom is. In later episodes her bedroom is at the end of the hall with everyone else's.
(10) When Big Daddy is first shown he tells Blanche he sold their house but in a later episode when he dies, Blanche goes home to the mansion. It's never mentioned that he bought it back.
(11) In the first episode that you see Kiersten, she seems to be all for Rose living with Blanche, Dorothy & Sophia. But in the episode where Rose is having a triple bypass she acts as though she can't stand them and doesn't understand why Rose likes living with them.
(12) Dorothy grew up and went to school in Brooklyn. But her reunion was in Miami.
(13) How was some of these people be able to find the girls? They claim to have looked them up. But some of them do not know their married names. It would have been very hard to find them.
(14) Dorothy claims in the episode where Phil died, that there was only about a 6 year age difference between her and Phil. But when Sophia and Dorothy go back to Brooklyn there is a flashback of when Phil was a baby. Dorothy looks about 10-12 years old.
(15) Dorothy's was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigure Syndrome. It was a major storyline in the two episodes it was mentiond. But it was never mentioned again. Surely it didn't just go away just like that.
(16) Sophia hated Shady Pines more than anything. Now I know they had to come up with a reason to put Sophia in Empty Nest but why did she go back to Shady Pines in Empty Nest when she hated it so much?
(17) Remember Marvin and Sarah? They wanted Sophia to take Sarah's place as Marvin's wife when she died. Well..they lived in Miami same as the girls but Max Winestock lived in Brooklyn but their houses were identical!
(18) Speaking of things looking identical...the station where Rose looks on the outside looks exactly like the one where the game show "Grab That Dough" was taped in California. Even has the same name.
(19) In the first scene that you see Max in he says that Sal felt so guilty for gambling away all the money they had in the business that he never gambled again. However, in the episode where Dorothy has a gambling problem, Sophia says that she's the one who got Sal to quit gambling.
(20) Dorothy says she was just a child when Sophia's mother dies..but during the Mother's Day epsiode Sophia tells a story of when her mother came to live with her and Sal and Dorothy was an adult in it.
(21) In one of the early episodes, Rose faints after Blanche annoucnes she may be pregnant. But in a later episode Dorothy faints after she finds out Sophia is marrying Max, Rose says she's never fainted before.
(22) During a flashback that shows Dorothy has a child she has a very blonde hair. In an unedited version of the episode with Max he says Dorothy used to have blonde hair. However, in all the flashbacks with Dorothy as a teenager and as an adult, she has very dark brown hair.